Last Updated on July 21, 2022 by William
Top 5 Best Electric Pressure Washers
Buying a new pressure washer requires that you do a little bit of research first. In this article, we’re going to be taking a look at the product features you should be looking for in order to make the smartest purchase.
We’re also going to be listing three pressure washers that we think are worth the money. Don’t rush into making a pressure washer purchase, read the buying factors, and make a smart buying decision that will serve you for years to come.
- Top 5 Best Electric Pressure Washers
- Pressure Washers Buying Guide
- Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 Electric Pressure Washer Review
- Dirt Devil ND40015 Electric Pressure Washer Review
- Why An Electric Powered Washer?
And if you’re looking for something with a little more “kick”, then check out our article on the best gas pressure washers for those who are using their pressure washers for tougher or more industrial sized jobs.
Pressure Washers Buying Guide
Pressure washers are great to remove deep, set stains that accumulate on concrete. [toc]Without a pressure washer, you’ll find it very difficult to get concrete clean easily. A pressure washer will blast through tough stains and debris on concrete and leave you with a finish that’s like new.
Pressure washers are also good for washing the outside of a house and keeping it looking great. As a matter of fact, many cleaning jobs can become a breeze through using a pressure washer. All it takes is a pressure washer and one of the best pressure washer detergents created for your specific application. Let’s take a look at some of the things you should be looking for in a quality pressure washer.
1. Buy Only From A Top Rated Manufacturer
Not all pressure washers are created equal, and many cheap brands will break down, costing you money to replace it. Some really good manufacturers of pressure washers these days are AR Blue Clean, Briggs and Stratton, Simpson, and Generac. Be sure to read the reviews next to the corresponding item you’re considering purchasing. You can learn a lot from the past experiences of others.
2. Choose The Correct PSI
You should choose the correct PSI, or pounds per square inch, for the jobs you need to accomplish. For light duty jobs, anywhere from 1500 to 1900 should be sufficient. For medium duty, consider a PSI in the range of 2000 – 2800. Heavy duty jobs usually require a PSI of 2900 – 3200. For the toughest extreme jobs, a PSI rating of 3300 and up will be in order.
3. Axial Cam Or Triplex Pump
A triplex pump has a longer lifespan than traditional axial cam pumps. If you’re using your pressure washer for commercial type jobs, then a triplex pump design should be purchased. Otherwise, for around the house duties, you could get by with a axial cam pump. A triplex pump is also of a higher quality standard than traditional axial cam pumps but generally cost more.
4. Buy The Right Pressure Washer Accessories
Simply buying the pressure washer and using the stock accessories will sometimes not be enough. It’s best to shop around for accessories and ask other home owners what they have used with good results. There are wide area surface cleaner attachments, gutter/eave/undercarriage cleaners, wash brushes, and more. You can even get a pressure washer cover to protect your investment.
Take all of these factors into consideration and you should be able to come to a smart purchasing decision, save money, and get a reliable pressure washer that’s going to last. And be sure the parts are for your specific machine. Don’t get parts made for the best gas pressure washer when you have an electric one!
Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 Electric Pressure Washer Review
Those of you looking for an affordable yet powerful pressure washer will definitely like the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 1800 PSI Electric Pressure Washer. This Hausfeld model is corded however the thirty five foot cord along with the twenty foot long pressure hose will definitely give you enough leverage to wash anything around your property without problems.
The overall design of this pressure washer is very attractive and convenient. It sits atop two durable wheels and has several hooks around the frame for the hose, cord, and the sprayer.
When in use this dark blue pressure washer outputs 1.5 gallons of water per minute at an impressive 1,800 PSI. making it more than sufficient for all of your residential pressure washing needs!
- 20 foot hose and 35 foot cord
- Storage for both the hose, the electric cord, and the sprayer
- Outputs a max of 1.5 gallons per minute at 1.8k PSI
- 14 Amp motor
- Easy portability due to wheels
Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 Pros:
- With an 1800 PSI output the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 makes the perfect pressure washer to get the job done. You can use it for an assorted amount of surfaces.
- The Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 1800 PSI Electric Pressure Washer is definitely a powerful pressure washer in a very compact and portable frame.
- Delivering over 1.5 gallons per minute, this electric pressure washer allows you to clean surfaces quick and easy.
- For added accessibility the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 comes with an instant start and stop feature.
- With its swivel hose adapter you can easily get anywhere around your house, garage, or property without a problem. The hose can also be stored easily on the on-board storage, and it can also be easily fitted to attach to a garden hose.
- The Campbell Hausfeld PW1825’s 120 Volt, 14 Amp motor gives off zero pollution and is odorless. The motor is also made from lightweight and durable material so you can transport it with ease.
- For hard spots and deeper pressure washing you are allowed to add one liter of your own powerful pressure water solution.
- When not in use start/stop button will shut off the pump if the trigger is not in use. Thus giving a safe environment and added machine life.
- The 20 foot easily accessible hose provides you with all the power you need. For added support it comes with a spray gun, a turbo lance, an adaptable fan lance and a 35 foot GFCl-equipped electric cord.
- Coupled with its powerful motor and high powered spray, this unit allows you to easily take away grime and grit effortlessly.
- Transporting the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 is easy and painless. It’s convenient on board storage compartment allows you to store all of the equipment on the system.
- The wheels are very sturdy and the price for this powerful pressure washer is definitely a huge plus!
Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 Cons:
- Plastic hose connection doesn’t last very long.
- Could use a little bit more pressure for concrete blocks.
- As mentioned earlier this is a corded pressure washer which does limit it. While the long cord and hose length does help offset its limitations, you will find yourself constantly battling cords with this model.
What People Say About Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 Pressure Washer
1.As far as the best of the best electric pressure washers, this one has to score near the very top. My old Hausfeld was 10 years old and finally broke one day. That’s a long time! This has been the replacement unit and it’s working out great. I wash my car and house with it to keep up with the maintenance of owning a vehicle and a residence. It does well for what it is. I’m hoping that this Hausfeld will last as long as the old one I replaced. So far so good with no major problems to speak of.
Max, Simi Valley, California
2. This pressure washer has more than paid for itself. The PSI is strong enough to get through most jobs and it doesn’t use a whole lot of water. I was able to assemble it easily and I never have to fight with it like you do with gas pressure washers. Easy on and off switch with no hassles. The hose is 20 feet, which is long enough to get into most places. My sidewalks have never been cleaner! If you’re comparing gas to electric, go with this electric model. All the power of a gas pressure washer with none of the problems!
Mark, Waco, Texas
Dirt Devil ND40015 Electric Pressure Washer Review
The Dirt Devil ND40015 Pressure Flex 2,000 Plus 1.6 GPM Electric Pressure Washer gives you more than enough power at just the right price! Despite being more compact and corded, this Dirt Devil model will definitely be enough to handle all of your residential pressure washing needs from sidewalks and cars clear up to your house and more! This is a great tool to have in your garage.
For ease of use Dirt Devil designed this pressure washer to have long nineteen foot hose that could be reeled in within moments. Additionally spray gun hung conveniently on the side and making for easy cleanup and storage once the project is complete! Also included with this pressure washer is a turbine driven cleaning brush that utilizes the intense power combined with the stiff bristles to get in the deepest of places and clean!
- Auto shut off
- 19 foot hose with reel in capabilities
- Includes a spray gun, wand, and a cleaning brush
- 12 Amp motor
- Compact design
Dirt Devil ND40015 Pros:
- With a 120-Volt 12-amp universal motor the Dirt Devil ND40015 Electric Pressure Washer gives you maximum power with durability and consistency. This compact pressure washer is fantastic for those who occasionally have need of a pressure washer.
- With its lightweight design you can carry it all over and when you are done you can quickly reel in the hose.
- The Dirt Devil’s 19 foot high power pressure hose gives you a strong spray, with stability. It is easy to handle and can be used to spray down many surfaces and those places that are hard to reach.
- The spray gun is the most essential part of any pressure washer, and this is why the ND40015 Pressure Flex’s spray gun is equipped with all the features you need to get the job done.
- Delivering 1.6 GPM (gallons per minute) and a PSI of 2000 MAX pump pressure, the Dirt Devil ND40015 is able to clean almost anything.
- With an added on detergent tank you can add your own high pressure detergent. Also, because the tank is removable that means you can easily empty and refill it with ease.
- The great thing about the Dirt Devil ND40015 is the spray wand; it can give you exactly what you need. Cleaning can easily be adjusted from wide to narrow so you can customize the path you want.
- With the 35-foot electric power cord portability couldn’t be easier. You can safely extend the Dirt Devil ND40015 far from your home. It also comes with a GFCI manual reset.
- The aluminum pump comes with an automatic shut off switch to prolong your washer and motor’s life.
- Safe for you and safe for the environment. Because the Dirt Devil ND40015 is electric that means it reduces the amount of emissions let off into the air.
- Other features include a gun holster in which you can store your gun for transporting. A rotary driven scrub brush which gives you a constant rotating motion for special cleaning.
- If regular pressure washing isn’t doing the job on tough grime you can use the brush attachment and quickly destroy dirt and grime in a matter of seconds!
Dirt Devil ND40015 Cons:
- The machine is made too light, so when dragging the cord it tips over and can cause damage to the machine.
- This pressure washer is small and portable but is not really ideal for large projects because of its size.
What People Say About Dirt Devil ND40015 Pressure Washer
1. I was hesitant to buy an electric pressure washer. The idea just didn’t seem like it would allow for heavy duty jobs. However, with this Dirt Devil ND40015 I’m able to get all the jobs done that I need to. The hose is 19 feet, which makes getting into tough areas easy. I’ve actually dropped this machine and it came out unscathed. The 2,000 PSI does a good job of getting mildew off tile and grout. Surprisingly strong and well built for an electric model. I really like my pressure washer and for the price of $163.46, it can’t be beat.
John, Midland, Texas
2. What a deal for the price! It doesn’t leak at all and is lightweight enough to go anywhere! The soap dispenser works well and I’ve used that to clean my car, decks, pool tile, tons of areas! This machine was able to take an oil stain that had sat for months on my driveway and blast it off like it was nothing. 2000 PSI is a lot of power and it gets through pretty much any job easily. Dirt Devil is a quality name and they make tons of great products. I’m thinking of buying this as a gift for other family members.
Sam, Frisco, Texas
Why An Electric Powered Washer?
Electric powered washers are designed primarily for home use. Recent market research shows that homeowners will use a pressure washer an average 40 hours a year. That’s about 2 hours a weekend throughout the summer and a few weekends in the fall and spring.
With this in mind, electric pressure washer manufacturers typically employ cast aluminum heads, plastic, and integrated parts to keep assembly cost down. Most machines sold are designed to last about 300-400 hours, and to meet a price consumers will find acceptable.
By contrast, commercial-grade pressure washers are powered by gas motors and feature brass pump heads and high-grade components, but they are also louder, harder to start, much heavier, many times more expensive to buy and operate, and worse of all, they’re bad for the environment due to engine emissions, and gasoline fumes.
Electric Pressure Washers are also cold water washers. Even though hot water units (found in gas powered washers) are ideal for removing oil and stains, the application of the correct cleaning soaps, plus the impact of the spray can provide a similar function in cold water machines.
Power Ratings in Pressure Washers
A pressure washer is nothing more than a pump, which is powered by an electric or a gas motor, designed to pressurize water through a wand with a nozzle obviously connecte to a pressure washer hose which is designed for the immense pressure these machines create. A trigger switch turns the flow of water through the wand off and on.
Three specifications determine a washer’s total power: PSI, GMP, and ECU.
PSI (Pounds per Square Inch): Measures the force behind the water coming out of a pressure washer’s nozzle.
The following are the most common PSI figures found in pressure washers:
1,200-1,500 PSI: This pressure is on the low end, generally available in electric washer models only. It’s a good choice for handling most household cleaning jobs, including vehicles, grills, and lawn furniture.
1,500-2,000 PSI: This is moderate pressure. This range is found in both gas and electric pressure washers, and it’s appropriate for cleaning small decks and patios.
2,200-3,500 PSI: This is considered high pressure, and required by most professional washers. This PSI range is found in gas powered models, and used primarily for cleaning siding, concrete, or large decks.
3,000-4,000 PSI: More power for cleaning stained concrete, stripping paint, or barnacles off boat hulls.
10,000-50,000 PSI: This is ultra-high strength (also known as water blaster) used in industrial and engineering settings to clean and alter large equipment, buildings and structures.
GPM (Gallons per Minute): It determines how many gallons of water a washer uses to complete a task. Electric pressure washers use up to 80% less water than the standard garden hose, while providing up to 50 times more cleaning power.
ECU (Effective Cleaning Units): It’s an estimate of cleaning power, calculated by multiplying PSI by GPM. The higher the ECU, the faster and effectively it will complete your cleaning projects, while conserving energy, and natural resources. For example, a 1,500 PSI machine that runs at 2 GPM will produce an ECU of 3,000 (PSI X GPM = ECU).
Leave a Reply