Last Updated on June 29, 2023 by William
Our Best Gas Pressure Washer Reviews!
Nothing beats a gas pressure washer when you need to clean the deck or driveway from oil stains and mildew. Once attached to your garden hose, a gas pressure washer becomes a mean, deep cleaning machine. Pressure washers might be fun to use, but great care must be taken as they deliver powerful pressure which could cause damage or injury.
For this review we are concentrating of gas engine powered pressure washers which have a lot of power and force water through a nozzle which quickly eliminates grime and stains from all outdoor areas. Choose a pressure washer that has a detergent dispenser which is perfect for washing floors, outdoor chairs or even your car.
- Choosing the Best Gas Pressure Washer?
- Gas Pressure Washer Reviews
For heavier models it is best that the pressure washer has sturdy wheels and a tool and pressure washer hose storage area is also an advantage. If you have decided to buy a gas pressure washer it goes without saying that you will have to maintain the engine with regular cleaning and tune-ups.
Our TOP Pick
How Do You Pick the Best Gas Pressure Washer?
Gas Pressure Washers
Gas pressure washers are powered by a motor which needs gasoline to work unlike the best electric pressure washers that only need a plug. They will also require more maintenance than an electric pressure washer as the machine will need to be serviced from time to time and you will have to refuel manually. But they do make up for the extra maintenance by providing more power. If you are considering buying a gas powered washer then you need to be aware of the pros and cons.
- Very Powerful
- Paint stripping capability
- No power cord constraints
- Cost more
What is PSI & CU?
PSI stands for pounds per square inch. This is the unit used to measure how powerful the water pressure is. It stands to reason that the higher the PSI the more powerful the pressure washer. The average gas pressure washer usually has between 2,200 and 4,500 PSI and this number goes higher as you approach the very heavy duty models. This is a good indication of how powerful the pressure washer is, but you also have to take into consideration the CU which is the cleaning units. This is the measurement of the volume of water and the pressure that the washer puts out. This is an indication of how much water is pumped out per minute. On average a basic consumer model will have 2,000 – 8,000 CU rating with higher numbers, you will be heading towards the commercial models which might not be suitable for domestic use.
Gas models are heavier than other types of pressure washers, but you will still need to be able to move them around your property. An average gas pressure washer weighs anything from 55 – 90 pounds. It is therefore essential to purchase a gas pressure washer that has a pair of decent hard wheels so that it is easy to maneuver around your yard. There are lighter models that can be lifted and these would probably be useful for yards with rough terrain that would make wheeling the washer difficult.
There are basically two types of nozzles, the adjustable ones and the replaceable ones. The wider the angle of the spray the lower the pressure of the stream of water.
This type of nozzle is connected to the tip of the pressure wand and you can turn the nozzle around for a varying spray width and intensity. These are the all in one adjustable nozzle type of pressure washers.
On the other hand replaceable nozzles give you a wider choice of spray patterns to work with. Being able to interchange nozzles which are usually color coded and come in a set will give you more options. Always turn of the engine completely and drain excess water before replacing the nozzle.
There will be times when you will want to use a detergent or solvent of some kind to get rid of heavy stains. Choose a pressure washer that has this capability. In some cases it is best to presoak the area you want to clean with a chemical degreaser for instance, before cleaning with your pressure washer.
Never underestimate the power of the pressure washer. Many people have landed in the emergency room from injuries received from pressure washers. The power of the water can actually tear through layers of your skin if you come in direct contact with the spray. Avoid using a red zero-degree nozzle as this can cause damage to your property and also serious injury if you come into contact with the spray.
Always read the Owner’s Manual and follow the safety instructions. It is safer to start with the widest angle spray and minimize as this becomes necessary after testing the surface first. It is important that you dress for the occasion with long pants and non-slip shoes, and as an extra precaution it is advisable that you wear safety goggles.
Gas Pressure Washer Reviews
1 Simpson Gas Pressure Washer Powered by HONDA
The SIMPSON MSH3125 gas pressure washer is powered by HONDA GC190 engine and has an output of 3,100 PSI. This is a perfect pressure washer for all outdoor cleaning jobs, including floors, decks, patio furniture, walls and fences. Simpson has a MorFlex hose which is kink and abrasion resistant, which is included. This is a sturdy hose which fits the M22 connectors securely. The SIMPSON MSH3125 comes with 5 interchangeable nozzles which range from 0 – 40 degrees. This gives you the option of choosing the right nozzle for the job at hand.
A safety lock is in place to use for safety reasons and this should be deployed if you leave your pressure washer idling. The MSH3125 is constructed with welded steel and has a heavy gauge frame for durability. As this model is heavy it has 10 inch pneumatic tires for easy maneuverability. This pressure washer is perfect for residential or commercial use and it works with an OEM Axial Cam pump, a Pro Style spray gun and wand and 5 pro style quick connect nozzles. This model also includes a siphon detergent applicator and an onboard storage for hose and nozzles. The SIMPSON MSH3125 comes with a 2 year limited warranty on the machine and a 5 year limited warranty on the frame.
- HONDA GC190 engine
- Output of 3,100 PSI
- MorFlex hose
- 5 interchangeable nozzles
- Safety lock
- OEM Axial Cam pump
- Pro Style spray gun and wand
- Might leak oil when purchased
2 Generac Gas Powered Pressure Washer
The Generac 6922 pressure washer has a Generac OHV horizontal shaft engine and an output of 2,800 PSI. This is a reasonably priced, compact and easy to use pressure washer which is ideal for residential use. The pump is situated well above the ground which makes it simple to connect to the hose and nozzles. The ergonomically designed grip handle makes it comfortable to use and the trigger requires minimum effort.
The Generac 6922 comes with 3 interchangeable 0, 25 and 40 degree quick change nozzles which snap onto the wand easily and a 25 foot pressure hose that connect to the back of the spray gun. The Generac 6922 has a detergent tank and a convenient on board storage feature. The wheels of this model are 10 inches and can be used with ease over any terrain due to their never go flat durability. The controls of this pressure washer are all in one location, and the engine and pump are perfectly balanced. The Generac pressure washer comes with a two year limited warranty on both their gas and electric pressure washers.
- Horizontal shaft engine
- Reasonably priced
- Ergonomically designed grip
- 2 interchangeable nozzles
- Detergent tank
- Easy controls
- Easy assembly
- Wand extension not secure
3 Powerstroke 2200 psi Gas Pressure Washer
The Powerstroke PS80519B has an 189cc OHC chain drive Subaru EA 190 engine with an output of 3,100 PSI. This is another value for money, pressure washer that is compact yet powerful. The aluminum axial cam pump keeps the engine perfectly balanced and this unit is PWMA certified. The PS80519B has a 21 inch chrome spray wand with a quick connecter coupler that fits perfectly with the precision high pressure nozzles. This unit also has a low pressure soap dispensing nozzle which is used with the 1 gallon capacity detergent tank.
The Powerstroke is light in weight for a gas powered pressure washer at only 55 pounds and it does have never go flat wheels which makes it easy to transport and pass over difficult terrain. This model is designed to be used with detergents which are sometimes necessary to remove stubborn stains. The application is done through a chemical injection system which introduces the chemicals to the water flow after it leaves the pumps. You can purchase extra accessories for your Powerstroke pressure washer. There is a commercial power telescoping spray wand and a gutter cleaning attachment which is available to purchase separately. Powerstroke give a 2 year limited warranty on their products.
- Subaru engine
- 21 inch chrome wand
- 3 high pressure nozzles
- 1 low pressure nozzle for detergent
- Never go flat wheels
- Easily transportable
- Chemical injection system
- 2 year warranty
- Poor customer service
4 Karcher G2700 Gas Power Pressure Washer
The Karcher G2700 is powered by a Karcher KPS 196cc engine which generates 2,700 PSI of water pressure and 2.5 GPM water flow. The welded steel frame makes this compact pressure washer durable and the ideal size for home use. The G2700 is fitted with an aluminum axial cam direct pump and comes with a commercial grade trigger and spray wand that is fitted with a child safety lock. A set of 5 Pro style quick connect nozzles will give you the choice of any pressure or water pattern needed, included is also a low pressure, detergent nozzle.
The Karcher pressure washer is fitted with an on board detergent tank and storage for the hose, trigger and nozzles. The Karcher G2700 has a foldable aluminum handle which makes it easier to store in an upright position. This unit is also fitted with10 inch pneumatic tires and metal wheels for easy maneuverability over rough terrain and also comes with a 25 foot pressure hose. The only limitation on this pressure washer is that Karcher recommends that their pressure washer detergent is the only one that can be used with this machine. Karcher offers a 3 year limited warranty on the engine and a 2 year limited warranty on the pump.
- Karcher engine
- Child safety lock
- 5 Pro style nozzles
- 3 year warranty on engine
- Welded steel frame
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy storing
- Pneumatic tires
- 25 foot pressure hose
- On board storage and detergent tank
- Limitation on detergents
5 Ford Gas Powered Pressure Washer
The Ford FPWG2700H-J has a FORD180cc 5.0 HP OHV engine with a three piston axial cam high pressure pump which generates 2,700 PSI at 2.3 GPM with 6210 CU. This is a pressure washer that is built with the backing of FORD which represents quality and durability in all their products. This is a powerful pressure washer that will provide you with years of service, if you look after it. Fitted with an on board detergent tank and a low pressure nozzle to use with it, the Ford washer can clean almost any area outdoors satisfactorily.
The Ford 2700H includes a braided 25 foot high pressure hose and 4 interchangeable quick connect spray nozzles, which include a 0, 25 and 40 degree nozzles and a soap dispersing nozzle. The integrated soap dispenser loads from the front and is a good size which will let you cover a big area at a time. The Ford FPWG2700H-J folds flat for easy storage and the pressure hose which is supplied, fits on the included hose reel. The onboard storage keeps the nozzles and all the parts safely together. The machine comes with two 10 inch never flat hard tires that make it easy to move over rough terrain. Ford backs up their pressure washer with a one year limited guarantee.
- Ford engine 180cc
- On board soap dispenser
- On board storage
- Flat hard tires
- 25 foot pressure hose
- Three piston axial cam
- High pressure pump
Generac 6022 Gas Powered Pressure Washer Review
With an attractive orange and black finish the Generac 6022 Gas Powered Pressure Washer truly looks as good as it performs. The handles have various selections and the motor is conveniently placed atop a trolly like frame that rolls on two large wheels. The twenty-five foot washing hose itself has a handy storage area on the frame and the material it’s made out of is a very strong PVC/plastic.
Weighing only 83 pounds and with an 196cc engine that can output 2.3 gallons of water per minute at 2,700 PSI, you can easily pressure wash even the most difficult of projects and have the dirt and grime come off in no time! Perfect for both residential and commercial use, you definitely won’t regret paying a few extra bucks for this Generac pressure washer!
- 10″ wheels
- Weighs 83 pounds
- Can’t be used in California
- 2,700 PSI can deliver 2.3 gallons of water per minute
- Ergonomic spray gun attached to a 25′ hose
Generac 6022 Pros:
- If you don’t want to deal with all of the cords and annoyance of corded power washers, but you still want the power and durability of one, then this Generac 6022 is definitely for you.
- It’s attractive, has large wheels which makes for easy transportation, and the powerful engine easily blasts out the water so you can get anything clean.
- With over 2,700 PSI this Generac 6022 makes the perfect gas powered pressure washer for residential use. Power wash your patio, deck or even your driveway with this powerful tool.
- The powerful Generac 196cc OHV engine delivers powerful spray while keeping a small oil shutdown. An added integrated unloaded valve allows you to start your engine effortlessly.
- This pressure washer comes standard with a ergonomic spray gun with a easy pull trigger and soft grip for lessened fatigue.
- Everything about the Generac 6022 is about accessibility and ease. With the improved axial cam pump you can connect your hose without having to constantly kneel on the ground.
- With a 196cc engine and over 2,700 PSI the Generac 6022 can deliver over 2 gallons per minute so you are supplied with the power you need to get the job done.
- With 4 quick-click nozzle tips you are able to utilize your pressure washer to its maximum potential. With a 0 degree blast and a 25 degree clean and a 40 degree wash, and soap you can utilize the Generac 6022 to get any job done.
- The Generac 6022 gives you all the room you need with a 25 foot hose that is made out of PVC/plastic material.
- With an easy to access high-powered axial cam pump you can get the largest amount of heat dissipation while extending the life of your machine.
- The durability of this machine is backed by a welded frame for added stability. With an easy start up guide and gun holster you can start working in just minutes.
- With a 2 year limited warranty you can be assured that no matter what happens your product will be safe.
- The ergonomic handle is soft and cushioned so you don’t get blisters while the trigger is easy to pull so you don’t get tired.
Generac 6022 Cons:
- When you compare this Generac pressure washer to similar models one of the things you will notice is that the hose length is significantly shorter. While this one is at only twenty five feet, others are at forty and even fifty feet providing a greater ability to get hard to reach places that you can’t really take the entire machine into!
- Poor customer service when reporting for broken parts.
- Hose has a swivel so it can get easily get tangled up.
Click Here To Read Customer Reviews For Generac 6022 On Amazon!
What People Say About Generac 6022 Pressure Washer
1. This is a great first pressure washer for people who need good quality for medium sized jobs. This has been my first pressure washer experience and I’m very happy with my purchase. It’s easy to roll this thing around and since it’s gasoline, and I don’t have to worry about cords getting in the way. I clean the siding on my house to preserve it and keep it looking nice. Works well for that. I also bought a high pressure soap shooter nozzle accessory that helps to get the house siding even cleaner!
Brad, Los Angeles, California
2. For the price I paid, $299.99, this is a pretty good pressure washer. I really like Generac products and they consistently seem to roll out high quality machinery. It’s great for decking, siding, driveways, and car washes. I use it for tons of stuff and this machine has more than paid for itself in terms of the time it has saved me. It always does a stand up job of getting things clean. I’m very impressed. Cleaning the tile floor around my pool has never been easier. I recommend this product to anyone who needs a regular duty machine.
James, Toledo, Ohio