Last Updated on May 16, 2020 by William
Inverter Generators Reviews
The best portable inverter generators are a more powerful class of generator, even more powerful that the best portable generators that are non-inverters. They’re more fuel efficient, longer lasting, quieter, and more reliable than conventional generators. It’s this plain and simple truth that keeps people coming back to inverter powered generators instead of other models. Yamaha makes world class, portable inverter generators, but there are also some other companies that deserve some recognition as well.
Champion, Briggs and Stratton, and Hyundai all have great inverter generator options available. They all seemed to do quite well in the reviews and have a high enough score to give them a closer look. Most inverter generators, regardless of who makes them, deliver Sine wave electricity instead of unrefined electric. This makes them safe for all your sensitive electronics as well as standard appliances.
As far as cost goes, you may find that Yamaha is the most expensive brand. Yamaha is indeed making the highest quality portable inverter generator, but other manufacturers are much cheaper and have done well in the reviews as well.
So in this article, we’re going to be listing four of our top recommendations for portable inverter generators. We thoroughly researched Amazon and chose the best ones based on their features and Amazon customer reviews. Thanks for looking!
Hyundai HY2000si 2200-Watt Portable Inverter Generator Review
While it is one of the bulkiest and heaviest generators on the market at 68.9 lbs, the Hyundai HY2000si 2200-Watt Portable Inverter Generator has still gotten some great reviews. The 3.8 horsepower, 5500 RPM, 125cc motor is up to the challenge of powering multiple electrical appliances at once.
It includes 2 AC outlets and a DC outlet as well, allowing you to run all kinds of equipment, including charging up your automotive batteries! It even comes with battery charging cables free of charge!
This portable inverter generator will run for 5.5 hours at 50 percent load and has an acceptable noise level of only 65 decibels. The exhaust and muffler is designed for low noise output, and it’s fully capable of running sensitive electronic items like computers and cell phones. It doesn’t cost anywhere near as much as competing portable inverter generator models, so if you’re looking for a real bargain, this is an item to consider.
All in all, this is a good generator for an affordable price, and Hyundai is a high quality company that does well in the reviews.
- 4 Stroke, 3.8 Horsepower, 5500 RPM, 125cc Engine
- 2,200 Watt Maximum Clean Power Output
- 2 AC Outlets and 1 DC Outlet
- Automotive Battery Cables
- Circuit Breaker Overload Protection
- Recoil Start
- 2 Year Warranty
- If anything should go wrong with your generator, Hyundai honors their warranty
- Great power backup source during times of extreme weather and power outages
- Also good for camping, tailgating, and other outdoor activities
- Good source of clean power: Won’t fry electronic equipment
- The price of this generator is much cheaper than the competition
- Overload protection works well to keep the generator safe during overloads
- Starts on the first couple pulls every time
- Buy this Hyundai and save a bundle over costlier competing models!
- Fill cap is right near the power plugs – Always fill carefully
- A bit heavy for some people
Briggs & Stratton 30473 2,000 Watt 105cc Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator Review
Briggs and Stratton has been known for creating high quality products for over 100 years! You can put your trust in their products. The Briggs and Stratton 30473 2,000 Watt 105cc Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator can ensure the safety of you and your family during bad weather. It can also make a great power source for outdoor activities like camping.
The 105cc engine features inverter technology that automatically adjusts engine speeds to conserve fuel and spare the engine life. This generator includes two AC outlets and a DC outlet, allowing you to have regular outlets and recharge your automotive batteries with the same generator!
The Lo-Tone muffler keeps sound emissions to a minimum and reduces vibration. At 64.1 lbs, it’s not the lightest generator, but definitely not the heaviest either. The included handle is well positioned to allow even people with bad backs to carry it around.
Finally, the price on this generator is a strong selling point. If you can’t afford the brand names like Yamaha and Honda, this is a high quality option that can work for you.
- 105cc Engine
- 2,000 Watt Total Power Output
- 2 AC Outlets and A DC Outlet
- Lo-Tone Muffler
- 74.1 Lbs Total Weight
- Included Carry Handle
- 2 Year Warranty
- Very quiet, reliable, and highly mobile – A great generator for the great outdoors
- Very fuel efficient – Allows you to do more with less gas
- Reports of nonstop, 7 days and nights emergency usage with no problems
- Comes with battery connectors to jump start automotive batteries
- Uses only the engine load that’s required to power your equipment – Preserves engine life
- Amazon will replace defective units for no charge
- Gets 8-10 hours of use out of a single gallon of gas!
- Can be difficult to start if everything isn’t perfect
- Not as quiet and Honda or Yamaha generators
Champion Power Equipment 73536i 2,000 Watt 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator Review
This Champion Power Equipment 73536i 2,000 Watt 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator (CARB Compliant) is exactly what you need to stay safe and happy when you need a dependable source of portable power. The noise output is extremely quiet, rated at only 53 Dba. And, at 48 lbs, it’s much lighter in weight than some of the more bulky portable generators out there.
The 4 stroke engine provides a maximum of 2,000 watts, and it’ll run for 10 hours without the need to refuel at 25% load. This generator model is also stackable, giving you the ability to combine two of them together for twice the power output. It comes with a low oil sensor and a switch to activate economy mode in order to save on fuel
You’ll be surprised by the high quality of this generator, and across 33 Amazon reviews, this item scored an impressive 4.5 out of 5 stars. Finally, the two year warranty gives you the peace of mind to buy with confidence.
- 4 Stroke Engine
- 2,000 Watts Total Power Output
- Stackable – Connect 2 Of These Together For Twice The Power
- Low Oil Sensor
- Economy Mode Switch
- 48 Lbs Total Weight
- CARB Compliant
- 2 Year Warranty
- Very light weight (48 lbs) makes it an attractive option for smaller people
- Low oil shutdown feature ensures that you’ll never incur engine damage because of a lack of oil
- Easy to understand instructions allow you to get the hang of using it quickly
- Helpful Tip: Setting the generator on foam pads can limit noise and absorb vibration
- Most repair shops can fix a Champion brand generator if anything goes wrong
- Quality of this generator is great for the price
- TV’s and computers are safe with its clean power rating
- Stackability saves space in compact environments
- Tech support with Champion products is great!
- Some people say the rated wattage output is questionable
- Some reports of this generator not being able to run RV air conditioning