Last Updated on December 12, 2020 by William
Best Router Table Reviews – KNOW What You’re Getting!
Router tables are truly amazing and something that every woodworker should have in their garage or professional work setting. If you’re just a beginner in looking for or using router tables, then we’ll educate you a little bit on what to look for.
To start with, the sliding fence should have what’s called a “T-Square” design. This means that the sliding fence encompasses the entire table, and it will slide up and down it evenly. It should be self squaring, and you should also be able to make adjustments in increments as small as 1 five thousandth of an inch.
Other features to look for include: Dual locking wheel casters to prevent the table from moving when you’re working with it, and self leveling feet that keep the table even when working on uneven floor surfaces.
A quality router table will also allow you to use pretty much any make and model router that’s on the market. If the router is made by a reputable brand manufacturer, then it will probably fit.
Impact resistant table tops are another feature to look for, and they usually come with micro-skin advanced designs that absorb both vibration and sound.
Steel stands are a plus, as are independent fence faces that allow you to use the table as a vertical jointer. Finally, there are many accessories available for router tables that increase their shop capabilities greatly.
Below, you’ll find that we’re listing three router table products that have been very well received with consumers at Amazon. The Amazon website is a huge benefit to us all in terms of finding quality products that are really worth purchasing, and we invite you to compare the products we’re listing to the ones you’ll find in a standard search for “router tables”.
We wholeheartedly believe the three products we’re listing are the best value for the money.
Now onto the products!
Bench Dog ProTop Contractor Benchtop Router Table Review
Bench Dog is a diamond in the rough as far as router tables are concerned. Want proof? Just check out the review score on this item. Across 120 customer reviews, it scored an amazing 4.5 out of 5 stars. Everyone seems to love this table.
So what’s the Bench Dog 40-001 ProTop Contractor Benchtop Router Table have to offer?
How about a 24″ X 16″ table size, a melamine cabinet, aluminum constructed ProFence, accessory T-slots on both the table and fence, dual fence slots, 2 1/2″ dust port, non-marring laminate top, twin steel rails to support the router, birch plywood cabinet, and rubber feet for reduced vibration.
This router table has it all and for a price you can afford! It weighs a mere 40 lbs, and that’s light enough to take pretty much anywhere!
The Bench Dog company was formed in 1995, and since then, they’ve amassed quite a large following of woodworking enthusiasts. This is a great company to do business with, and this product is backed by a lifetime warranty.
- Birch Plywood Cabinet
- 24″ X 16″ Non Marring Laminate Top
- 22″ Aluminum ProFence
- Aluminum Miter Accessory Track
- T-Slots On Table And Fence
- 2 1/2″ Dust Port
- Dual Fence Slots
- Rubber Feet
- Lifetime Warranty
- Arrives carefully packed from Amazon, ready to be assembled
- Takes only 15-20 minutes to assemble the table out of the box
- Light enough to move to different areas of your shop easily
- Instructions are easy to follow and accurate – You won’t have any problems
- Other router tables can cost over a thousand dollars! This one costs around $250 and provides everything you need!
- Square, true fence
- Looks attractive in any shop setting with an outstanding finish
- A great overall router table for smaller DIY jobs
- Hard to get the acrylic insert to lay flat
- For really big projects, you’ll be needing a bigger table
Bosch Benchtop Router Table Review
Bosch is a name brand you can trust. The Bosch RA1181 router table has plenty of features for router table woodworkers, and they offer this table at a price you can afford.
With a 2 1/2″ dust collection port, you’ll find that your shop stays clean and tidy. It also comes with a 4 7/8″ height X 25 1/8″ length aluminum fence with MDF face plates, offering smooth operation and excellent support.
The aluminum router mounting plate is set to accept a wide variety of router types, and easy to use featherboards attach to the fence and table with ease. The accessory slot allows you to use different accessories to increase the amount of projects you can get done with it.
Overall, this is a great router table for the money. It’s cheap enough for all shop owners to afford and will pay for itself quickly with the amount of projects you can get done with it.
The Amazon review score for this item is a real gem too, scoring 4 out of 5 stars across 97 reviews. So if you’re looking for a cheap table that can at least get you off and running in a shop type setting, this table might be for you. And don’t forget, it’s made by Bosch, so you already know it’s going to be a high quality item.
- 4 7/8″ Height X 25 1/8″ Length Aluminum Fence
- 27″ Wide X 14 1/2″ High X 18″ Deep Size Dimensions
- 3 Mounting Plate Insert Rings
- Two Adjustable Featherboards
- Adjustable Clear Guard
- Starter Pin and Guard
- Two Outfeed Fence 1/16″ Shims
- 30 Lbs Total Weight
- One Year Limited Warranty – 30 Day Moneyback Guarantee
- Bosch customer service is top notch and they always honor their warranties
- Great for the home builder who likes to make cabinets, desks, benches, and more!
- A wide variety of commercial routers will fit this table
- Fence is very sturdy and a breeze to adjust
- Included inserts allow you to use this table with a variety of different bits
- Table isn’t flimsy by any means
- Makes a great starter table for beginners
- Off switch is very sensitive – Just a touch, and if you’re in a panic, it shuts off really easily
- Mounts a wide variety of routers
- Mounting plate could be made of a higher quality material
- Leveling the mounting plate can be a bit frustrating
Kreg Precision Router Table System Review
This is a simple, easy to use router table that has gotten rave reviews in the Amazon feedback section.
The Kreg Precision Router Table System makes the perfect addition to any shop setting. It comes with a fully enclosed, T-square style aluminum fence that does a great job of staying square and true, and the dual individual fence faces give you the ability to use it as a vertical jointer as well!
The included MDF micro dot skin table top does a superb job of absorbing vibration and reducing noise, and you’ll be happy that the phenolic insert plate has the ability to fit nearly any router in the marketplace. The Kreg Universal Steel Stand is adjustable from 31 to 36 inches in height, and is made from only the highest quality production steel.
This is a very versatile router table that, like the others we’ve listed, will pay for itself quickly because it’s so affordable. If you’re a professional, you’ll find that you’ll be able to upgrade to an even more robust table within just a few short months of using this one to complete your professional projects.
- Fully Enclosed, T-Square Aluminum Fence
- Dual, Independent Fence Faces
- MDF Table Top With Easy Slide, MicroDot Skin
- Dust Collection Port
- Miter/T-Slot For Accessories
- Dual Reducing Rings With Leveling/Lock Down Screws
- 85 Lbs Total Weight
- Fence stays permanently parallel to the miter slot
- Assembly takes about 1 1/2 hours – Comes in three packages – Fence, Stand, and Top
- Although it’s a bit more expensive than some of the competing tables, it’s great to work with and money well spent
- High quality steel construction is very sturdy
- A microadjuster is sold separately as an accessory
- This table allows you to create woodworking creations that can put mainstream manufactured wood pieces to shame
- Kreg tables are made using all solid parts, not cheaply constructed pieces
- Attaching the router to the plate can be a daunting task
- Dust collection port could use some improvement