Last Updated on June 29, 2023 by William
The Best 3 Yamaha Portable Generator Reviews
When you think of Yamaha, you probably think of motorcycles and not one of the best portable generator manufacturers. Well, in case you didn’t know, Yamaha is famous for not just their motorcycles, but a wide variety of other products as well.
[toc]In this article, we’re going to be focusing on their high quality line of inverter generators. They’re very well made and you’ll be surprised with the increase in quality that an inverter generator offers. In fact, you’ve probably seen them in your local Home Depot or somewhere similar as their bright purple color is hard to miss.
Inverter generators are specifically made different than other generators. They’re smaller, lighter, quieter, and much more fuel efficient than conventional types. Although they cost more per CC than conventional models, it’s well worth the cost to have the added quality that an inverter powered generator offers.
Inverter generators by Yamaha use gasoline as their fuel source, but run amazingly quiet. They’re also very portable, with 1,000 watt models about the size of a small cooler. As you go up in wattage, you’ll see that the more bulky generators have travel wheels, making portability easy. As far as fuel efficiency goes, you can expect some of these Yamaha inverter generators to run a full 12 hours without the need to refuel.
Overall, Yamaha inverter generators offer the perfect combination of light weight, portability, and power delivery. You can find Yamaha inverter generators between 1,000-4,500 watts. Of course, you should base your buying decision on your energy requirements. Some people will need a higher wattage and some people will need less, based on the appliances/combination of appliances they need to power.
Yamaha EF2000iS 2,000 Watt 79CC OHV 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator Review
While it’s not as powerful as the 4,500 watt Yamaha, it’s cheaper, and might just provide you enough power for your needs. It delivers 2,000 watts maximum AC output and will run for 10.5 hours during low loads without the need to refuel easily making it one of the best portable inverter generators for your money.
The power delivery is great, delivering Sine wave electricity that rivals even household electricity quality. It also features electrical overload protection, which is ideal to keep the components safe in the event of an overload. It’s guaranteed to not get overly hot through the heat dissipation technology, and with the Smart Throttle Load feature, it offers a high level of fuel efficiency at all times.
It weighs only a total of 44 lbs, making travel with this generator an easy possibility. The push button control panel allows you to easily change settings and even features auto-decompression, which allows the generator to start up more easily.
All in all this is a great option for people that need a midsized portable generator. It’s great for camping with multiple people and you can even hook up more than one of these exact models for twice the power! Finally, an low oil warning system lets you know when it’s time for an oil change.
- 79cc Overhead Valve 4 Stroke Gas Powered Engine
- 2,000 Watts Total AC Power Output
- Push Button Control Panel
- Low Oil Warning System
- Noise Dampening Glass Wool Construction
- Smart Throttle Load Feature
- Electrical Overload Protection
- 44 Lbs Total Weight
- Two Year Warranty
- Highly portable and double the power of the 1,000 watt version
- The ability to hook up two of these units for double the output!
- Noise reduction technology serves its purpose and minimizes noise – No noise pollution!
- People chose this model Yamaha over Honda hands down
- You can stand 6 feet away from it while running and still have a normal conversation without raising your voice
- Odor from fumes doesn’t seem to be a problem with this model
- Very useful during power outages, especially with two of them hooked together
- Doesn’t use a lot of fuel when running, saving you money!
- Yamaha honors their warranty on their generator products with no gripes!
- Can take more than one pull to start it in cold weather
- Requires refueling every 5 hours if you’re totally maxing it out
Yamaha EF1000iS 1,000 Watt 50CC OHV 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator Review
With a 1,000 watt maximum AC output, the Yamaha EF1000iS gas powered portable generator may be just what you need. As long as you don’t need the extra power of the larger inverter generators, this model may suit you just fine. It will run for a full 12 hours without the need to refuel, which is absolutely amazing!
This inverter generator delivers pure Sine wave electricity, which is right on par with household quality electricity. All your sensitive electronic gadgets will be safe with this product. And, with the included Smart Throttle Load feature, it adjusts its engine speed based on its output, which makes it highly fuel efficient.
It weighs a total of only 27 lbs, making it one the lightest and most capable portable inverter generators on the market. It’s easy to carry and comes with a central control panel, giving you easy control over all of its included features. And if you need proof positive that this is a great generator, just check out the Amazon review score! 4.5 stars out of 5 is pretty darn good!
- 50 CC 4 Stroke OHV Gas Powered Engine
- 1,000 Watt AC Output
- Smart Throttle Load Technology
- 27 Lbs Total Weight
- 2 Year Warranty
- A truly great camping companion – Light weight and easy to carry
- Fills the need for an energy source when in the great outdoors
- Doesn’t use hardly any gasoline and 1 fill will last nearly 12 hours
- 50 CC overhead valve engine is built to the exacting standards that make Yamaha so famous
- A 100 foot extension cord can eliminate the sound of the generator entirely
- You can get the proper oil for this generator at your Yamaha dealer
- Great for people that don’t need a higher wattage generator
- Smaller sized wire gauge can cause problems when trying to power multiple appliances
- This generator is light enough that it may tip over easily
Yamaha EF4500iSE 4,500 Watt 357cc OHV 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator With Electric Start Review
This is one of the most powerful portable inverter generators that Yamaha makes. We chose to bring you Yamaha brand generator products because they have seemed to do better than the competition.
This generator is great for RV’s, camping, and tons more, and the engine runs at low RPM (2,600) to conserve fuel and reduce engine wear. It’s also very quiet, operating between 58-60 decibels. It comes with a wireless remote control to give you effortless control over your settings.
The 4,000 watt rated continuous output is designed to give you enough power delivery for multiple appliances at the same time. This generator will run for 7.4 hours at full load before needing to refuel, and you can rest assured that your fine electronic equipment will be safe. It uses Sine wave electricity that’s as clean as household electric.
The turn-key electric start eliminates any difficulty with getting the generator started and the low oil warning system will alert you as to when it’s time to add or change the oil. It will automatically shut off if the oil level is too low.
- 4,500 Watt Overhead Valve 4 Stroke Engine
- 4.5 Gallon Fuel Tank
- Electric Start
- Gas Gauge
- Power Meter
- Low Oil Warning And Shut Off System
- Four Transport Wheels With Parking Brake
- Wireless Remote
- 3 Year Warranty
- People are amazed with how quiet this generator is – Even air conditioners run louder than this inverter generator
- Enough power to run two computer systems, a window AC, refrigerator, and freezer, all at the same time with plenty of power to spare
- No hassle maintenance – Very easy to keep clean and maintain
- High quality Yamaha construction will last for years and years of full load use!
- Ships quickly from Amazon!
- Doesn’t come with remote start
- Fairly expensive – People should make sure they need the extra power this generator offers before purchasing